This photograph shows a view of the Exam Hall and Front Gate in Parliament Square, Trinity College Dublin and is part of a series of images, as an architectural photographer completed for the book The Trinity Year, published by Gill and Macmillan. Despite attracting hundreds of thousands of visitors every year, the college forms an oasis of calm at the heart of Dublin. The Exam Hall was designed by the architect William Chambers in 1785, some 200 years after the college’s foundation by Queen Elizabeth the First and is used for exams and ceremonials and even the odd boxing match. http://www.freephotogallery.info https://www.tcd.ie/Library/Shop/products/the-trinity-year-a-portrait-of-trinity-college-dublin http://9thlevel.ie/history-of-irish-universities/books/ http://archiseek.com/2010/1785-examination-hall-trinity-college-dublin/#.U20x-8eB1QA
Comments are closed.